Full-time, Part-time and Casual
Worawa Aboriginal College is the only boarding school in Australia that caters specifically for Aboriginal girls in secondary years of schooling. Students come from urban, regional and remote Aboriginal communities across the country. The Worawa education model has a distinctive profile based on an integrated Education, Culture, and Wellbeing model.
An Aboriginal initiative, Worawa Aboriginal College is an Independent school, owned and governed by Aboriginal people. This position requires the incumbent to embrace the Worawa ethos recognising Aboriginal values and decision-making processes and the right to Aboriginal self-determination. The College is committed to ‘Closing the Gap’ and the need to create an environment/community that supports its students to flourish and bring them to their full potential.
We are looking for Boarding staff who can provide a supportive, nurturing environment as positive role models for our students to maintain a safe, secure and respectful residential environment. These are residential positions requiring overnight stay. You would be responsible for ensuring the successful daily operation of the house including supervising and accompanying the students on any after-hours and/or weekend activities.
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience in a similar position working with adolescents in a residential environment
- Bachelor of Social Science (Youth Work), Diploma of Community Services (Youth Work) or equivalent in Health Care or Teaching
- Experience working with Aboriginal communities is preferable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships and connect with students
- Good time management and organisational skills to provide consistency and routine
- An ability to manage and remain calm in difficult situations and diffuse escalated behaviours
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team as well as being able to work autonomously unsupervised.
- Solid understanding of Health and Safety requirements including Child Safety regulations
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check
- A current Victorian Driver’s license, medium rigid license (for driving 11 seater school bus) is advantageous
Worawa Aboriginal College is committed to child safety and has zero-tolerance for child abuse.
To apply please forward your resume together with an application letter to email@example.com.